September 19, 2013

Then Sings My Soul

Week two of my Senior year and....I feel like I am drowning. Not a quick undertow drowning, but a slow-keep coming up for air-screaming for help-drowning. Between work and school and the various things I am committed to--you know, like being a mom and homeschooling and stuff like that--I am overwhelmed.

But, God is so cool. I threw out a very quick, haphazard plea for help last night that went something like this: "Ummm...OK, God. I just remembered that I have not asked for Your help. I know we talked about this before (see this post) so, can You please do whatever You can?" And, this morning--my employer sent me a text and said she decided to work from home today. Therefore, I get to work from home today. Which really means...I don't have to work! Yes. My God is so cool!

As I was getting ready this morning, I was reflecting on just how intimate God is. I was not conscious of any real words or music going through my mind--until suddenly, I paused and heard this:

"And let the life of God, fill me now. 
Let Your healing power, breathe life and make me whole. 
And let the peace of God, let it reign."
-Hillsong United

My soul was singing. That is what I call it when I wake up with a Worship song on my heart--especially when it is not a song I have been listening to recently. The Bible says:

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. 
We do not know what we ought to pray for, 
but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans."
-Romans 8:26

While they may not have been 'wordless groans' exactly, I believe the Spirit was interceding. I knew I had been overwhelmed, but it did not occur to me to pray for peace. However, I realize now that peace is exactly what I needed. Like Peter, I had taken my eyes off of Jesus and focused on the waves--and, I was beginning to drown. Until...I fixed my eyes upon Him once more. "Peace...be still." He calms me. 

Thank You, Lord. I am walking on the water--help me keep my eyes fixed on You. 

"But when I fix my eyes on all that You are,
 then every doubt I feel deep in my heart grows strangely dim.
All my worries fade...and fall to the ground,
Cause when I seek Your face...and don't look around--
Any place I'm in....grows strangely dim!" 
-Francesca Battistelli



2 comments:

Foxy Lady said...

He is so AMAZING!!!! Thank you for sharingyour journey:) Continuing to pray for you! Love you!!

Heather said...

Thank you sister! Love YOU, too! Thank YOU for taking this journey with me...for encouraging me, listening to me, and praying for me!